CYCLING HOLIDAYS IN BAD WALTERSDORF
THE STYRIAN THERMAL SPA REGION: BRILLIANT FOR BIKES!
As well as providing a splendid home base , the Ayurveda Resort Mandira offers an ideal starting point for cycle rides of every kind. If you haven’t been on a Styrian cycling holiday before, you have a great deal to look forward to! The resort has everything you need: from trekking bikes and city bikes to e-bikes, not forgetting cycling helmets and maps! Discover our thermal region and volcanic hillsides by bike – and wave goodbye to stress and troubles. The 320km network of trails provides challenges and variety, and is a plentiful source of endorphins.
RECHARGE YOUR BATTERIES
We believe that everyone is a unique work of nature and, as Ayurveda specialists, we know that exercise is where it’s at, keeping us healthy and happy. That’s why Exercise and Regeneration is one of the essential pillars of our balanced programme for physical, mental and emotional fitness. Cycling is an ideal way to explore the region’s green hills, vineyards, villages and towns, allowing plenty of possibilities for discovering the local wine taverns, crafts and people. Progress in the clean air and unspoilt nature is swift and, tired and happy after an excellent ride out, holistic restoration awaits at the Ayurveda Resort Mandira in Styria where you’ll feel like a celebrated Tour de France cycling pro!
15 – 50 – 100KM: GO THE DISTANCE THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU
One of the most difficult things about a cycling holiday is working out the best route to take. You need to take into account the weather, your fitness level, how you feel on a particular day and your personal objectives. Are you aiming to get as many high-altitude miles under your belt as possible, or are you after thrills and adventure? Alternatively, a chilled dawdle on two wheels may be more your cup of tea.
Staying at the Mandira gives you a head start as you can start your cycle ride from our doorstep and, as we know the area inside and out, we can suggest rides that tick your boxes, whether by e-bike, city bike, mountain bike or road bike. We’re here to help you explore!
AUTHENTIC STYRIA: THE ROADSIDE INN
Presumably, you chose Styria as your cycling holiday destination because the region is synonymous with the delights of the plate and the glass. You were right to do so: Styrians are jovial people who like nothing better than a chat with friends over a glass of wine and a delicious snack at their favourite winemaker’s tavern.
TIPS: MAKING SURE THAT FAMILY AND GROUP CYCLING ARE FUN
- Do your cycling holiday planning together to ensure all decisions have been discussed and agreed by everyone, and everyone has been able to add their input.
- Choose a manageable route that suits everyone’s fitness levels to avoid conflict.
- Treat yourselves to really enjoyable stops in rustic restaurants and wine tavern: spending quality time together is so very precious!
- Incorporate special experiences such as picnics, a swim in a lake, a museum visit …
- Make sure to add regional handicrafts and the area’s top sights into your programme.
- Visit winemakers, oil mills and farms for a taste of fresh, regional products – so delicious!
- If energy levels permit, enjoy some evening entertainment at events, festivals and local bicycle races.
CYCLING HOLIDAYS IN STYRIA: HOLISTIC, TASTY AND GOOD FOR YOU!
- Free bike rental: City bikes, mountain bikes and e-bikes available at the hotel – e-bikes and racing bikes for a fee
- Free bike helmet rental: At the hotel
- Free cycling map: Get your cycling map of Bad Waltersdorf and surroundings from reception – online overview of tours in the region
- Route planning: We know our region well and are always happy to help with route planning
- First aid kits: Because you never know!
- Regeneration at the Ayurveda Wellness and Thermal Spa
Tip: Book a muscle-regenerating treatment and feel fit for the saddle in the morning!
- Healthy: Fresh, regional and Ayurvedic, our cuisine helps your body regenerate, invigorate and re-energise.
- Our activity and relaxation programme to build stamina, relax tense muscles and find balance.
TOP TIP for e-bikers: You’ll find eight e-bike charging stations and 10 service stations in Bad Waltersdorf.
Book your Tour de Mandira now!